Wednesday, November 14, 2012

1st Blogiversary: Day 14 of 30 Days of Thanksgiving

Our old cat, Moose, celebrating my blogiversary
(scroll down for more funny cat and hat photos)
"Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father." Col 3:17 (NASB)

Today I'm thankful for my one year anniversary of my Love, Joy and Peas blog, and especially, for my dear readers. Thank you for joining me on my blogging adventures! I hope that you have enjoyed my posts and photographs and those of my guests. Special thanks to Brian Dering and Denise Arvaneh for allowing me to post their photos and artwork, to Joshua Otte for the candid interview and to Janet LeRoux for sharing her sacred (and super organized) crafting space with us.

As I reflect on the past year with Love, Joy and Peas, I realize that I've had some very successful experiments (I'm still doing smoothies with sneaky greens every morning and the only mornings I've missed in the past year are those for which I had no electricity), some that were not so successful (my attempt at minimalist spending) and some that are still in progress (my 2012 reading goal list). I've stumbled into some interesting events, such as the Eagle Festival, an Orchid Jubilee and a birthday party for some Andean bear cubs.

I'd sure love it if you would celebrate with me by following the blog publicly (even if as an anonymous user). Google shows only 21 "members" and I guess they only count public followers as more kind folks than that have told me they are following me. Also, if you haven't already, please check out my Facebook page.

Overall, it's been a great year. My deepest desire is to encourage, inspire and bring joy to people while honoring God in all I do. I fall far from the mark sometimes but God's still working on me. To God be all the glory! May God bless you and may you feel His loving presence in your life today.

Moose was far more interested in playing with the rock (I couldn't find a pom pom)
thank in wearing the birthday hat.

So once I got a decent shot (the first one in this blog post) I let her have the hat.

And she decided to snuggle up and go to sleep with it. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment