Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Hope: Day 21 of 30 Days of Thanksgiving


Today I'm thankful for hope. Eternal hope and daily hope in this present life. I have the sure hope of eternity with the Lord; the romantic hope of a true to-death-do-us-part marriage with my beloved husband, Ben; the tenuous hope of better health through excellent nutrition; and the determined hope of living a godly life that encourages and inspires others. This month's daily focus on gratitude has reminded me how very blessed I am and is opening my heart further to the pain and suffering of others. I wish every human being on earth could be filled with hope, peace, love and joy! But that's not to be, at least on this side of heaven. So I rejoice in the Lord, give thanks for my blessings and pray for the suffering.

A dear sister in Christ, MaryLee Heller, shared the following post (pasted below) about hope on her Facebook page this morning and it's been on my heart all day. She's a great example of hope's triumph. If you're feeling hopeless, hang in there! There's truth to the old saying "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." I'm praying for you! Peace With God has a fantastic website with Christians available 24/7 if you would like to learn more about eternal hope.

If you're feeling suicidal please go immediately to your nearest emergency room, visit the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline or call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). People care about you! If you're feeling hopeful, please join me in prayer for those who are suffering, depressed, suicidal and lonely this holiday season. May God lift their spirits, soothe their souls and fill them with hope.

"What I'm thankful for today: I never gave up. I walked thru the pain and yet I never despaired. I can now look forward to a holiday ♥

Most of you know that I was abused when I was young--in every possible way. Did you know that the worst of it happened around holidays? Year after year. Mom was in manic mode before the holiday as she painted and prepped and made and created and shopped. By the time you got up on the holiday you new the other extreme would come as she was let down by unmet, unrealistic, expectations. Dad would celebrate by drinking. The two combined to create pain of all sorts. Even as an adult I would get so anxious over holidays that I would get sick, or even worse... I'd consider the unthinkable ultimate act that I could do to myself to escape it all.

BUT GOD...

Oh, y'all. If you are hurting thru the holidays, I understand how you feel. I do! You are on my heart and in my prayers. I ache for your pain. I want to hold you. I want to cry *with* you and for you. I am so sorry that you are hurt--whether your hurt is avoidable or not. So, why am I still here? Because though I hurt and I was sad and I grieved, the one thing I never did was despair. I believed. I believed (however little I could believe) that there IS goodness of the Lord in the land of the living & that He just might let me see it. I tell you, now, that there is goodness. It hard to see it right now or feel that hope thru the pain, I know, but please, please, please don't let despair steal that from you. You are loved, my friend. Hold on and believe--however little, just believe ♥

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living. Ps 27:13" ~ quoted text in dark purple/brown by MaryLee Heller.


"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living." Psalm 27:13 (NASB)


May the God of all peace fill you with His eternal hope today and always!


Sources:


No comments:

Post a Comment