Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Right To Vote: Day 6 of 30 Days of Thanksgiving


 "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord" ~ Psalm 33:12

Today I'm thankful for the privilege, freedom and right to vote for my country, state and county's elected officials. There are so many around the world that don't have the opportunity. I encourage you to pray before you vote. Personally, I like Billy Graham's message about voting. Like the Biblical David, I think he is a man after God's heart.

However you vote, and however the election turns out, please remember that "The Most High rules the kingdom of men and gives it to whom he will." Daniel 4:25. That doesn't mean we shouldn't vote! But I think it means we should not waste time complaining or disparaging whoever does win. Instead we should pray for our leaders (and all those in authority over us) and do our best to live lives that please and honor our Creator God.

"I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior." 1 Timothy 2:1-3


No comments:

Post a Comment