Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Flowers: Day 7 of 30 Days of Thanksgiving

Today I'm giving thanks to the Lord for creating flowers. I love flowers and am thankful for them. Anyone who's visited our house probably knows this (there are flowers everywhere). Today I clipped what's likely to be the last of our roses, echinacea (coneflowers) and chrysantheum for the calendar year from our garden. I am thankful to be able to grow flowers outdoors here for about nine months out of the year. The above photo is one of our Angelique tulips from this spring and the photos below are our last garden flowers for 2012 (clipped and photographed today). I've read that just viewing flowers makes people more productive and happier so that's a wonderful excuse to keep fresh flowers around. 

 Our last big (but admittedly, scraggly) purple coneflower (echinacea).

I'm thankful I was able to salvage some yellow and a hot pink rose. The yellow ones smell like lemony honey.

Scraggly chrysanthemum. Our bright yellow ones have already passed peak.

 I'm hoping this yellow rose bud will open nicely.

This tiny yellow rose is propped up in a recycled (tiny) pepper shaker. Hope you enjoyed my last garden flowers of 2012 photos! What are you thankful today? Whatever it may be, I pray that God will bless you!

2 comments:

  1. These flowers definitely put a smile on my face! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing that :) Your comment put a smile on my face :)

      Delete