Thursday, November 15, 2012

Nature: Day 15 of 30 Days of Thanksgiving


"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands." Psalm 19:1 (NIV)

Today I'm focusing on being thankful for this beautiful world God has created. I love nature enjoy getting outside whenever possible. Even though today is an overcast, gray-skied day, I had a wonderful walk this morning. First of all, I'm very thankful to have recovered from a recent string of illnesses. While I still need to take it easy and rest more than usual for a while, it's a huge blessing to be able to walk for exercise again. 

Even in my busy suburban neighborhood there were many natural autumn joys to see. I saw a squirrel feasting on an acorn, birds flying, beautiful red, feathery Japanese maple leaves and some late blooming black eyed Susan flowers. 

I like to pray as I walk and getting outside helps me connect more fully with God. Although the skies were overcast, for just a few seconds there was a break in the clouds and the sun shone right on my face. It was like a kiss from the Lord. Beautifully touching and a moment well worth savoring and being thankful for.

What are you thankful for today? What natural beauty surrounds you? May God bless you and keep you, dear friend!

1 comment:

  1. Judi, you are so right! It's such a joyous experience! God is so good! I'm glad we're sisters in Christ :-)

    ReplyDelete