Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Bible: Day 18 of 30 Days of Thanksgiving


"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Today, I'm focusing on being thankful for the Bible, the inspired word of God. God's word inspires, encourages, teaches and disciplines me. It helps me focus my priorities and grow closer to the Lord. Reading the Bible and praying are my highest priorities each day because loving God is my number one priority in life and these are precious ways to spend time with Him.

Here are a few free Bible related resources for you. Bible Gateway offers free online Bibles in many translations and languages as well as reading plans, devotionals and more. Wesley Mission provides this nice list of inspirational Bible verses for different situations. RBC Ministries provides this free article on why we should read our Bibles.

I'm also thankful to live in a country where I can freely read the Bible, worship and pray. Please join me in prayer for those who are persecuted for their faith, for those who must hide their Bibles or face death or imprisonment and for those who long to have a Bible but don't have the funds or means to obtain one. Let's also pray for those brave Christians who smuggle Bibles into areas of Christian persecution and for the Christian Bible distribution chains. May God bless them, strengthen them, provide for them, encourage them and keep them and may He bless you too.

"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart." Hebrews 4:12 

Related posts: 
http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/search?q=thanksgiving
http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/search?q=12+great+books

Note/Disclaimer: I have no material connection with any of the resources mentioned or linked to in this post except as a donor/reader and the opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment