Saturday, November 10, 2012

Seasons: Day 10 of 30 Days of Thanksgiving


 "For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven." ~ Ecc. 3:1

Today, I'm focusing on being thankful for the seasons. Here in Maryland (surprisingly, considering the winds we had from hurricane Sandy), we still have some trees with lovely autumn color and it's a beautiful fall day. Spring is still my favorite season, but I'm learning to appreciate all of our seasons. Each has its own special beauty and opportunities.

I must admit that I loved living on the central California coast, where the seasons are much more subtle. It was nice to grow flowers all year round and never really get hot or cold. But it's also nice to experience the four seasons more fully. Wherever you are today, I hope you'll take time to appreciate the beauty around you. May God be glorified in this and every season of our lives and may He bless you, dear reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment