Friday, November 9, 2012

Books (Including a Free one!): Day 9 of 30 Days of Thanksgiving

Image source
Today, I'm focusing on being thankful for books. As a Christian, the Bible (available free on the internet through Bible Gateway and other websites) is my number one most favorite book but I like all kinds of books and am an avid reader. Books bring such inspiration, joy, knowledge, adventure and fun to life that I can't imagine a world without them.

What are you reading these days? Please comment below if you feel comfortable sharing. Do you read one at a time or more? I tend to read several books (ok, many, really) at a time. Usually one fiction book and a bunch of nonfiction books. At the moment I'm reading a bunch of books from my 2012 reading goal list, plus some others, including the Bible, Outlive Your Life, The China Study, Super Immunity, Everyday Prayers, The Chicks with Sticks' Guide to Crochet, Soul Space and The 8 Minute Organizer. To save money, I make good use of my local library system (for which I am also thankful).

An author acquaintance of mine is also celebrating gratitude and thanksgiving this month and I'm thrilled to be able to share a free Kindle edition book, titled Minimize to Maximize by Annie Jean Brewer with you today. You can download it for free for four days (now through November 12, 2012). You don't even need to have a Kindle. Amazon provides a free online Kindle reader to its account holders (that's what I use to read the ebooks I get from Amazon). For folks who cannot use embedded links here is the full link for her free book: http://annienygma.com/2012/11/thank-you-2/.

Happy reading and may God bless you!



No comments:

Post a Comment