Monday, November 5, 2012

Prayer: Day 5 of 30 Days of Thanksgiving


"The Lord is near to all who call upon Him,
To all who call upon Him in truth." Psalm 145:18

Today I'm focusing on being thankful for prayer. How amazing is it that we can talk directly with the One High God? The God of all creation cares about you and me! He wants to hear about all of our cares and concerns (1 Peter 5:8) and, when our wills are aligned with His, he longs to give us the desires of our heart (Luke 11:19). God hears prayer and He longs for us to seek His will through prayer. Here's a little prayer of thanksgiving that I pray blesses you.

Dear Heavenly Father, 
Thank you for loving me. I praise you for you are the one true, living God, almighty, holy, yet filled with grace and love towards us. Thank you for the abundant blessings you've given me, most especially for eternal life through Jesus Christ,  but also for your Word, the Bible, abundant and nutritious food, the freedom of being an American, modern technology and medicine, music, flowers, sunshine and family pets. Everything good and wonderful comes from you and I thank you and love you. Please help me to love you more. 
In Jesus' precious name, Amen.

May God bless you and your prayer time, dear reader!

Related posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment